Wednesday, July 29, 2009

WIP Wednesday

I haven't done a Work In Progress Wednesday for a while and I thought I'd like to try to get back into the habit. So, what am I working on these days?

Well, I came home refreshed from our trip and rededicated to simplification of our lives. The same feelings that inspired all of this was calling out for more, but less drastic, action. Tuesday after the vet, I definitely needed to keep busy, so I pulled out a bunch of stuff from the shelves in the family room. I sorted, tossed, donated, and rearranged. I organized my fabrics a bit better. I got rid of magazines and weird odds and ends. (I also "found" the Christmas lights I wanted to use on the trailer awning...two days after the end of the trip.)

Today I'm tackling more stuff in our storage area. I refer to this area as the Black Hole. It is a great place to store furniture (heirloom cribs, playpens, high chairs, small furniture) and holiday decorations, but it is becoming a catch-all for stuff I think I want to hold on to, but I don't know where to put. That needs to stop because it is all too much. I'm getting rid of tons of gift bags I've been holding onto/adding to since TK moved away in 1999 (!) and Superman has agreed to get rid of an old fireplace insert we've been holding on to. I'm going to double check to be certain that any little pieces of furniture we're holding on to we actually want. I'm also sending some clothes to my sister (oops! I told) and even more clothes to charity.

I'm excited because I've fertilized our flowers so I can participate in Tootsie's Fertilizer Fridays this week and I'm looking forward to snapping just the perfect picture. You haven't seen Tootsie's flowers? Oh, you most head over and see her garden. I'm so pleased with how my started-from-seeds flowers are doing. Zinnias, marigolds, verbena and impatiens. Not much of anything survived, but I did get representatives of each of those.

I've been reading all kinds of crafty blogs as I look for Christmas ideas and I'm delighted to discover I'm not the only one already thinking of Christmas in July. I'm getting some ideas ready to share with you all as I refine my own lists. In the meantime, have you seen what Pretty Organized Palace is looking at? If not, you should head over to her place and see what she's been thinking of.

So, what are you all up to these days?

No comments: