Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Starting To Catch Up In Baby Steps

One of the things I must get done this week is to post all my owed posts on the blog I share with my sister, Loveaphid. I wrote four while we were camping last week, but then I chucked it all (figuratively) out the window and ignored the topic. While you're waiting for me over here, though, I thought I'd share a few photos of our trip. Since I took 220 (!), the hard part is figuring out what to share.

At the beginning of the trip, while Superman was back in town working, the kids cheerfully did their schoolwork.

For anyone who is interested, they do Teaching Textbooks for math and Wordly Wise for spelling. These two subjects go on year 'round.

We drew pictures that told of our day on our "tablecloth". This is the one from 7/11/09. Notice that we ran out of propane, we had lightning and thunder, the kids got to go in the water, Daddy drove away (the night before), and we played The Game of Life.

A roll of painter's paper and a box of crayons is a must-have for any of our trips. Everyone draws (except Mr. R., he's a stick in the mud). Some times we color a lot and some times we color a little, but we'd be sad without it.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch (or suburban housing development), Superman found this little guy living in our hose holder. Too cute, isn't he?


And this guy has disappeared, fear nabbed by wily coyotes.


We haven't seen him in two and a half weeks. We're sad because we'd really hoped he'd just gone wandering around. Everyone's keeping an eye out for him, but it doesn't look good.

As you can tell, he was on our minds when we were away. For the first few days, Valiant and Buttercup jumped every time the cell rang, hoping it was Superman or Charming to tell us Tuck had returned.

Anyway, this is a bit of what we've been up to the past two weeks. What have you guys been doing?

6 comments:

Amelia said...

I have been waiting for your return...great photos...share more of those 220"s! I have been into my husbands tools lately since he's away for a few weeks..stop in for a visit and see what I mean...Smiles :0)!

Beth in NC said...

Oh no, I'm sorry about your kitty. :o(

DarcyLee said...

Glad you're back and had a good time. Sorry to hear about your cat. I hope you find him. He's a cutie.

Pilar said...

220 photos!!! You sound like me, I always take toons of photos but afterwards I am happy I did because I get to live back the whole thing.

You gotta love digital cameras, we couldn´t do that when all we had was film, unless we were willing to go without food for a whole month to be able to pay the prints :)

Unknown said...

I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope that Tuck will find his way back. He was a cool cat in all ways (except the bullying of One Lucky Baby, but no one is perfect)

Clark said...

I felt really sad to see the photo of Tuck. I am holding out hope that he found a new place that he liked better. He didn't like Lucky and vice versa.