Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Photo Flashback

Well, we're getting ready for 4th of July weekend here at the Nagle5 household. Charming is heading off to Seattle to spend some time with some of his college buddies and Grandpa John and Nana are heading up to the Pacific Northwest today spend the weekend with us and take care of some property business that requires their hands-on attention. We're having a barbecue tonight, Game Night on the 4th, and who knows what for the 5th and 6th. Before we begin all of that, however, it is time for Friday Photo Flashback. Remember, to see what everyone else dug up, head over to Alicia's at More Than Words and join the party.


I found this photo when I was cleaning up stuff from the "great desk move" and it made me smile. It was taken with a Polaroid camera (the kind where the picture spits out of the camera and you have to wait for it to develop). The photographer was the agent associate with CalVet who was helping us buy our first ever house. The little ones and I were just outside the patio door. Since we bought a house we had been renting, we were always there when the guy had to come check whatever. One of the things that stands out after all these years was that during the process we found out that we were "low income". I remember running home laughing and telling Superman, "We're low income...I told you we don't have enough money!" We laughed about it...we knew that regardless of the statistics, we were truly blessed. I was almost 37 at the time and I remember being so happy. (The CalVet process took SIX MONTHS, so we really got to know the guy.) As you can see, that was during one of my "dark hair" phases (hey, Angelika and LA, what do you all think?)...Buttercup was just 1 and Valiant was 4...it was 9 years ago from this summer. My, how time flies.

12 comments:

really.truly said...

I think you look beautiful. Very sweet story too!

Tara said...

Ok I think I'm gonna continue hanging out here around Alicia's meme. Everybody looks so young. 37..no way!!!

Unknown said...

LOL!! As I was reading I thought - so why did she explain what a Polaroid camera is?? Cracks me up to realize things/words/concepts like that aren't commonplace anymore! Very sweet story too - I had a similar experience when we were first married and I found out we qualified for WIC.

momstheword said...

When my husband and I were first married, all of our friends used to joke with us and we'd all joke about which one of us were the poorest. This continued even after we had kids, lol!

Lovely picture. You look so pretty and I like your hair color.

Darla said...

And oh my, weren't we YOUNG 9 years ago...siiiigh.

Unknown said...

I love this picture of you! You look lovely!
A young Mommy!

More Than Words said...

Erin! I LOVE this picture of you!!!! You look so young, sweet, and innocent!!!!!! Such a pretty mommy!

Shauna said...

Great pic!

BeLoVed AiMeE said...

very cute pic!
thanks for stopping by Reflections of Me
Looks like we run in some of the same circles from your followers :)

Muthering Heights said...

That is such a sweet photo...and very good quality for a polaroid!

Motherof5 said...

I LOVE that photo! and I love your hair that color! In fact, your hair was that color when I met you. Angelica

Melissa Henning said...

I love this picture of you. You look so beautiful! Totally jealous of the hair :) Awesome color on you!