Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Do you like garlic?

Then you'll love this Garlic Pull-Apart Bread that I got from Sandra at Keeping It Simple. Years ago, I used to love a bread called "Death by Garlic" that was served at Alice's Restaurant in Westwood (I think...it has been a lot of years!) This recipe reminded me of that bread and I wonder if this is the recipe she was copying. Hmmmm. This garlic pull-apart bread is seriously easy and the recipe is quite adaptable to suit your tastes. If you're looking for a simple departure from rolls or garlic toast, you have to give this a try. One of the best parts of this recipe is that you can make it with frozen bread dough you buy at the store or you can make it with your own dough. How cool is that?


Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
Sandra @ Keeping It Simple

1 pound loaf of bread dough cut into pieces
3 Tablespoons Garlic Powder (Sandra's recipe said Garlic Salt, but that made no sense to me)
2 Tablespoons Egg -beaten
1/2 cup butter melted
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning (Sandra called for parsley, which I didn't have)

Grease a loaf pan. Mix beaten egg, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and butter together in a small bowl. Dip pieces of dough in butter mixture and put into loaf pan. Continue until all pieces have been dipped and placed in pan. Let rise roughly 30 minutes. (If you're using frozen dough, let it soften for 15 minutes, then cut into pieces, dip as above, and let rise 90 minutes.) Brush the top with butter and sprinkle with garlic. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes and serve warm.

5 comments:

Amelia said...

Sooooooooo......YUMMY!~ And easy! I could even do this! Smiles! :0)

Andrea said...

This is the second time today I have been tempted to try and reach through the computer for yummy food.
Blessings, andrea

Tootsie said...

sounds wonderful....I might do this too!!! maybe me and lilsista will have to hang out together after-since we are the only ones who will be able to stand our breath! lol

Andrea said...

I should have read this yesterday. This would have gone very well with our lasagna. I'll have to try this.

Melissa Henning said...

oh my goodness! *drool* and it's so beautiful too!!