Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Making Home Fun

I've talked before about making home a fun place and it occurred to me that one of the things we do on weekends falls into this category. Last weekend the weather was gorgeous, so we had breakfast out on the deck. It was wonderful. Don't forget that making your home fun is as simple as turning the everyday into something special. It doesn't have to be a big deal.


As you can see, we didn't do anything more than head outside, but it was so nice. Birds chirping, the fountain burbling, and the morning breeze. That is was I call fun. Do you have any ideas for making things fun with older kids? I'd love to hear them.

5 comments:

Amelia said...

You're right...it doesn't have to be anything extravagant, just something you don't normally do...I can't think of anything that we do just now...maybe I'll come back later with some fabulous idea!.........like the bed head by the way :0)!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

That does sound like fun! We try to have fun as a family. Hubby & I are generally very serious people. But we do laugh together a lot as a family. Oh and right now with all the house painting, not much fun stuff is happening at all :(

Mamí♥Picture said...

Oh My how lovely!
BTW I have 2 awards waiting on my blog, stop by and claim them my Beautiful Friend!
Have a ♥Beautiful♥ Day!

Unknown said...

We eat nearly every meal outside weather permitting, and sometimes even when it doesn't. The screened in porch helps a lot. I love sitting out there with Fig watching the birds, chipmunks and squirrels hopping about. We also keep the grill up on the porch in the winter, and grill all year round. I think that is kind of fun. Don't you?

Andrea said...

Well, since I was once an "older kid", I'd say the most fun things were just spending time together laughing. We played a lot of card games and watched movies, played outside, had friends over to our house a lot. That made home fun. I also loved family bike rides and going out in our boat together.
Oh, and I loved eating outside!