Friday, July 31, 2009

Where in the world?

Well, I've passed through Williamsburg, VA and now I'm just outside of Jamestown, VA.

19.2 mi - "1.85 mi to Jamestown, VA", James City County
"Section: 12 Map Name: Yorktown, 150"
On my transcontinental journey, I'm combining cycling with running. Today was a cycling day, so I was able to cover 16.2 miles, bringing my total to 19.2 miles so far.

Jamestown, VA is the site of one of the earliest colonial settlements in the United States. 13 years before the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth rock, 104 men and boys began a settlement on the banks of Virginia's James River. How cool is that? I think I can learn a lot of if I spend some time at the historic site. Want to learn more about where I am? Check out Historic Jamestowne, hosted by the National Park Service.

What about you? Have you decided to join me on this transcontinental journey?

2 comments:

Tootsie said...

wooo hoooo!

Unknown said...

Great job on the biking! I am biking at home. ;) I do on an average about 5 miles every other day. ( but in my home ) Would love to get a bike one day. Keep on treckin my friend.