Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Photo Flashback

It is Friday Photo Flashback time again! It is the time that Alicia at More Than Words asks us to dig through our pre-digital photos and share our finds with you.

The one I found has Superman and me doing our very first level testing for advancement in karate. I think it might also have been our last test, too, because we couldn't justify the expense of taking karate and paying for our boys to take karate...guess who got to keep going. Anyway, Buttercup was 8 months old and I was at the studio all the time, so I decided to give it a whirl. It was fun while it lasted.


(For those who are keeping track, it was shortly after this that I decided to dye my hair dark...this was three months before we decided to buy the house we were living in, thus the dark hair in last week's picture!) As I look at the picture, I remember the sensei getting mad at me because we couldn't get my watch off for the testing. I even told him he could try to get it off...it just wouldn't budge. I think he thought I did it on purpose. I have to laugh now, at how seriously he took my transgression.

Ah well, time flies. For more Flashbacks, head over to Alicia's and see what everyone else has dug up.

10 comments:

More Than Words said...

Erin....you so rock!!!!

Love this picture!!

And lol @ the watch!

Tootsie said...

you look so good!!! I love the photo!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh what a fun picture! I'm completely impressed that you took Karate for even a little while. You're my hero!

momstheword said...

My boys and I took Karate together for a few years. I remember being concerned that I wouldn't pass each test but I did!

Sheila said...

Oh go you! Those tests aren't easy.
http://runninlateagain.blogspot.com/2009/07/friday-photo-flashback-4.html

Muthering Heights said...

It's so cool that you did it together!

Katy Montgomery said...

Funny about the watch. I took karate too, but back in the day. It was good while it lasted.

Beth in NC said...

Wow, you look like you really know what you're doing there! :o)

Melissa Henning said...

wow! Such an inspiring/motivating picture! You go girl!

Kimberly said...

I just keep wondering how you ever got the watch off. ;-)