Thursday, March 5, 2009

Recipes from the Depression

If you read 50's Housewife, you probably saw her link to Poorman's Feast in her Menu Plan Monday and I hope you clicked on the link she had in her post.



If you didn't, you missed an amazing experience. If you click on the link here, you will see the YouTube Video with Depression Era cooking as demonstrated by Clara, a 93 year old great grandmother who lived through the Depression. Clara shares anecdotes from her life during the Depression in between telling us how to cook frugally. Each episode is a recipe. There are a number of videos in the series. I'm definitely going to be trying the Poorman's Feast next week, but I urge you to watch the videos.

You won't be disappointed. Honestly, they are amazing...it is like learning history from your neighbor who likes you enough to teach you to cook, too!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful post on my blog. I appreciate the insight, and I do not think you are being harsh. You hit the nail on the head. It's time for me to rediscover who I am. I am totally depending on him for my fulfillment, and it's not working! Thank you so much for the encouragement.

Erin said...

YOu are very, very welcome...After I posted, I've been thinking about what I wrote...glad you understand where my heart was...