Monday, March 16, 2009

Making Your Home Sing Monday...Teamwork

Can't believe it is Monday again! How time flies...it is time for Making Your Home Sing Mondays, hosted by Moms the Word...
Making your home sing Mondays

Anyway, the Nagle household is singing for sure today, but not because of something special we've done for today. No, we're reaping the benefit of all the hard work we've been putting in to getting back on track and taking care of business for the past month and a half. We aren't just giving desultory efforts to the things we do, getting things done only under duress. No way! We are functioning as a team, everyone is doing what needs to get done and we have had very little friction. People are happily going about their business. The song our house is singing today is Proud, because we are all so proud of how things are going.

With my expectations clearly established and patterns set in place, I have gotten out of the way and let the kids fulfill their duties in their own ways. Valiant is an early riser, so he headed downstairs and got some schoolwork done before the rest of us awakened. The pre-work I did, in the form of weekly curriculum sheets eliminated any room for misunderstandings and he feels great to have gotten it done so early. Then he headed back upstairs to get his bathroom sparkly clean. Buttercup is NOT an early riser, but she, too, headed downstairs to get some schoolwork done before she did her chores. According to her, she's done with cursive for the week, spelling for Monday and Tuesday, and is waiting on me for something (?).

Each of them is proud of what they've accomplished and how they've accomplished it and our house is happily singing along with Heather Small as she asks us, "What have you done today to make you feel proud?"

Happy Monday! (click on the badge to see how other people are making their homes sing today)

9 comments:

momstheword said...

What a lovely post. You should be proud. It is so exciting when we see the fruits of all our labors, and see our homes running smoothly and our childen serving contentedly. I love it!

You forgot to put a link back to the meme post (on my blog) and I would appreciate it if you could do that so that your readers could also be encouraged by the other posts! Thank you for joining us again! Love having you!

Unknown said...

I would love to hear about some of your homeschool organizational tips. I have gotten a little slack. Think I am ready to make a push to the finish!

Erin said...

Moms - oops! I'll get to it. Dani Joy - I'll send you the curriculum sheet we're using these days...we can start a conversation over that...

Anonymous said...

Is it Monday? Oh my gosh. Spring Break has set in around here.
I don't think my link points back to Mom either, can you tell me what I need to do?

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Isn't it great when everything works like it is supposed to? Things run a whole lot smoother and we can get more accomplished. Thanks for that reminder! This is something I am trying to get better at. It is definitely a slow process sometimes :o) Hope you had a great Monday!

Unknown said...

I can't wait until I can write a post about how doing things every day are making my house sing. I'm still getting my rhythm. I'm so proud of you guys.

Erin said...

Gens - I'll post on your blog to tell you how...Alicia, I loved your blog...it sounds like you're on the right track...LA, You so rock and you're doing great!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great post! Love how you are making your home sing!

Erin said...

Thanks!