Thursday, March 5, 2009

I received an award!


During the drama of my technology issues sandwiched between two boys' birthdays, Generations Gone By gave me this award. If you haven't looked at Gens blog, you need to check it out. I particularly loved this post detailing the bequests an ancestor made in his will. It was like reading about someone real. (Yes, I know our ancestors are real, but you know what I mean!) I felt like I knew them.

Part of receiving this blog award means I get to pass along the award to blogs I love and, hopefully, introduce you to bloggers you might not have read.

1. The Barefoot Kitchen Witch. If you haven't read her, I urge you head on over. This post about the realities of the middle of the night with sick children had me bent over laughing and crying for her--she filed it under "The Joys of Motherhood"!

2. Mayamade - Mayaluna makes amazing stuff. I've been really inspired by her. Later this week I'll have a post about her amazing pretzels, but for now, go explore.

3. Shannon at Staker Sensations is so creative and shares it all with us (and her Etsy shop). I figure it is because we are her estrogen outlet (she's got three sons!)...honestly, you've got to love a woman who makes tutus for her Etsy shop and makes her son model for blog!

4. Connie at Smockity Frocks has become my newest hero because of this post that helped me with teaching Buttercup long division...what can I say...I can be bought! Actually, though, I love the way Connie intersperses tips and talk with interviews with people she finds interesting. She did an awesome interview with her sister who received a Cochlear implant at the age of 40+...can you imagine hearing for the first time? Wow!

5. 50's Housewife is one of my favorite bloggers. This post on how to make Challah is just one of many that inspire me to run into my kitchen and try something new.

6. David at Simple.Organized.Life. is one of my newer finds. I like his simple approach to simplicity in life. He and his wife left the hustle and bustle of a big city to simplify and are now living in a small New Mexico town.

7. Organized Everyday is written by Organizing Mommy and I feel especially fortunate to have discovered this blog the day she wrote a post about making friends easily. The day she posted this (or the day I saw it) was the same day I had just made a new friend over a conversation begun as strangers at Costco!

So, here are some of the blogs I like that might be off the beaten path or not on your radar. Of course, I have so many more I like, but I thought I'd try to share with you some of my newest finds. Thanks for checking them out!

Generations...thank you for gifting me with this award. It made me feel so special and I treasure our bloggy friendship. (And, in response to your post on the subject a few months ago, I'm certain we'd like each other in real life, too! We have kids who could live on chicken strips...really, what else do you need to know?)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks so much for the encouraging award and link back to my site. Blogging is so cool, isn't it? One day you don't even know some one and the next day you've gotten an award. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Yup, Same age, great moms and a life of chicken strips, I am thinking those 6 would be best friends for life. My best friend believes her kids would eat anything covered in Ranch Dressing. Since my Rance bill is pretty high most months, I must agree. There's just something about that taste. LOL

Anonymous said...

Erin! Thank you so much for the award and the links! Glad I gave you a good laugh!

Erin said...

You are welcome, ladies...your blogs have enriched my life!

50s Housewife said...

Thank you so much Erin! I am honored to be in such great company! :)

Erin said...

It was truly my pleasure...

Smockity Frocks said...

Thank you, Erin! How nice!