Friday, March 20, 2009

The Fleece is Done!


If you read my post yesterday, you saw that I'd gotten this fleece for Buttercup cut out, but hadn't done more as I was letting the thought of putting in the zipper keep me from finishing the project. Well, I bit the bullet and the fleece is done. Phew! Buttercup is so happy and this is my best one yet. Doesn't it look cute on my little chef? (I've been working my way through the family...unless Charming wants one, I'm moving on to siblings!)

I recently read on a blog (I can't remember which one, darn it!) about an old lady who said if you want to know how to make a pie, make 14 pies. By the time you've finished the 14th, you will know how to make a pie. Isn't that the truth? Sometimes we quit after the first or second one of whatever it is we try doesn't turn out well, but I'm pushing past that and now I'm seeing success. No, I'm not very good at zippers, but I'm better than I was. I'll bet by the time I finish my 14th one, I'll have figured it out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to remember that thought. 14 pies. Thats all I need to remember. I know I am the first to quit usually after the 2nd one of anything because for me the way it works is on the first one I pay attention to every detail ensuring I follow every step just right. On the second one I get impatient and lose focus so it always turns out worse than the first one. That's when I give up. 14 pies 14 pies 14 pies... just embedding it in there for myself. Oh, and I LOVE THE FLEECE talk about warm a cozy.

momstheword said...

Wow. I totally understand the concept. I know that after I attempted to make my first pizza I got better at it as I made a couple of more.

You go on sewing with your bad self, gal, because I cannot sew.