Wednesday, October 14, 2009

WIP Wednesday... (UPDATED)

You didn't think that just because I am sick that I've been sitting around doing nothing, did you? Good! I've been working on a few things and here are two of the things I've been working on.

Here is my version of Tootsie's candle wreath. I was so impressed with her clever idea that I blogged about it here. I'm happy to report it was just as easy as Tootsie promised. As you can see, my potpourri was bigger, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It still needs to dry a little, so the wax paper is a necessity. I think it will be really pretty with a green or white candle. What do you think?


Then, in an effort to use up stuff I have had for a while, I pulled out this pre-printed wreath project for Buttercup. If you look carefully, you can see the date on the fabric says 1991 (!) and I know for a fact I bought it before 1995...you do the math. Anyway, I spent my time cutting out all the leaves, the wreath itself, the ribbon and the berries. Then I pinned all the leaves and the wreath for Buttercup, who'll be sewing this week. I'm embarrassed how long I've had it, but I'm happy Buttercup is going to finish it.


So, there you have it...a few of the things that we've been working on. What about you? What have you been up to these days.

UPDATE:

My sister, the brat, says my picture of the candle wreath isn't very good and doesn't show it as pretty as she's sure it is (nice save there, Kate) , so I thought I'd give you an
other one.

So, what do you think? I still think it is pretty. And the Modge Podge did not do away with the Paperwhite scent. It is all good!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW...you do some amazing things while you are sick. Hope you and yours are feeling better.

Blessings, andrea

PS: I have an urgent prayer request on arise 2 write for my brother in law.

Erin said...

Andrea...Just headed over and added my name...we'll be praying for him, for you and the rest of your family rallying around him, and for the doctors who are treating him.

Anonymous said...

Erin,
Are you feeling a little better over here. I missed you all weekend. Hope everyone over at your house is feeling much better. Tell Buttercup can't wait to see her project when she gets it all done. My girls love to sew, but their mother is hopeless with a sewing machine or needle. So they have to wait until they go to their grandmother's. I have talents, that just isn't one of them.

More Than Words said...

Don't cha just love the honesty of sisters?

I think it's so cute, and what a great idea! I love candles!!!!!

Tootsie said...

oh yea!!! it's awesome!!! I love that you tried it! I am making mine the annual gift for family and friends this christmas!!
ya know how they say that "borrowing and idea is the biggest form of flattery???" (okay not in those exact words)....WELL THEY ARE RIGHT!
I am grinning ear to stinking ear right now girl...you made my day!

Tootsie said...

I was looking at those larger potpourri's ....and now I am thinking I will absolutely try one with it too!!!
and your sis ...at least she tried to help...It all looks great !

Erin said...

Thanks, all. Gens...actually, I'm getting worse...maybe I have swine flu (no curly tail yet). Anyway, Buttercup is getting frustrated, but is excited to get it finished. We'll get it done. Tootsie, I'm just giving her a hard time (I couldn't resist)...the large potpourri was what I had hanging around...it took a long time to dry, but other than that, I like it.

Old Time Cindy said...

Hope you are feeling better...
I like your candle project. Turned out real nice. You wanted to know if I lived near Shelbyville. It's probably 90 minutes or less from me. Been all over KY, but not there.
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Unknown said...

this picture is so much better... it is beautiful. I was just being honest, you would have said the same to me and you know it. :-)

Love it! nice job.