Monday, October 12, 2009

No singing or crafting today...


This week I won't be making my house sing. I won't be sharing craft projects. Honestly, I won't even be trying. Nope, this week I am playing the role of Florence Nightingale aka "Doctor Mom". Yep, you guessed it. My house is an infirmary this week. Buttercup is sick, Valiant is sick, even Superman is sick. I'm doing everything I can to get everyone better. Me? I'm doing everything I can to fight it.


The house is a wreck from the weekend, however, as sickness didn't stop us from racing the against the weather. (The nighttime temperatures dropped into the teens this weekend.) The adults were pruning back the plants that we'll see again in the spring, ripping u the vegetable gardens and turning the soil, rescuing the potted plants by getting them into our new greenhouse (which Superman was racing to finish) and getting "milk house" heaters set up in it. We've still got to get the sprinklers blown (today!), as well as getting the windows sealed up for winter (which will wait until later this week). In between all this, we found ourselves telling the kids things like, "What are you doing outside with/without a jacket/shoes/shorts/flip flops? You are sick! Get back in the house." The kids, in the meantime, felt well enough to challenge all efforts to keep them warm, dry, and calm. Thus, they wore themselves out and are both feeling quite poorly today.

We probably didn't help ourselves by hosting Game Night again on Saturday, but, as always, it was super fun and all the neighborhood kids have colds, so it really seemed pointless to try to separate them after the fact.

So, if I just hum along while the rest of you sing today, I hope you'll understand. Head over to Momstheword, cheer her on as she gets ahead on her cooking, and see what everyone else is doing this week to make their homes sing.

P.S. If you do a Google Search to find a cute picture for "Nurse Mommy" you get the weirdest images! A sexy pregnant nurse?! What is up with that?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sympathize, empathize, match you a tylenol with cold and will see you next week. My throat feels better, but my chest is tried of coughing and I am sick of this infernal rain. At least you got something done. Hubby cut done a tree, we buried the dog, and I wash about fory million loads of laundry. Now lets go back to bed.

momstheword said...

Oh my! That google search can be so wierd! I hope they all get better and that you don't get it, because who takes care of mommy when mommy is sick? Well, daddy does, I guess!

Yeah, you guys have harsher winters than we do, don't you think? We usually get at least one good snow though.

Andrea said...

Sorry your home has turned into an infirmary. Praying you are ALL well, soon.
Andrea

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Hope your brood get better soon and that you don't catch it!!!
Love Collette xxx

More Than Words said...

Google searches are scary! LOL

I hope everyone gets better soon! So many people are sick!

DarcyLee said...

I sure hope everyone is feeling better soon. I hate it when my family is sick. Oh, and keep fighting off the sickness yourself!

Old Time Cindy said...

Hope everyone gets well soon! Thanks for stopping by to visit. I just became a follower cause I see you garden and get creative with zucchini! Me too and you can't go wrong with chocolate. I made zucchini jam this year and it is yummy! Now if I could find a way to also add chocolate to it...
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Jessica said...

I do hope everyone is feeling better. How can Superman be sick? Not possible. :)

Oh and goggle search is sometimes....scary....lol.

Hope you have a beautiful day!

Erin said...

If my body knows I need lungs, why am I trying to cough them up?