Saturday, January 16, 2010

More Bagels...

May I tell you something? I am loving home-made bagels. Seriously. I'm using the bagel recipe from The Bread Baker's Apprentice that I used last time and it is very easy to follow.


I won't lie to you. There a bit of work, but they are so worth it. I made two different batches a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to tell you about them. First, I made regular old water bagels (aka plain bagels). It was the first time I'd tried this recipe and I was pleasantly surprised by how well they turned out. These were not just "round bread"...they really had that chewy bagel texture.

In fact, I was so pleased that I made cinnamon raisin bagels the very next day! The cinnamon raisin bagels had an amazing flavor. They were so good. Unfortunately, I made the dough a little too wet, so our cinnamon raisin bagels were a bit flat.


I really, really urge you to be brave and try to make bagels. You won't regret it.

1 comment:

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

I have never tried to make bagels. But, I do make homemade buns, cinnamon rolls and bread from scratch on occasion. I might have to try the bagels.