Saturday, January 2, 2010

Exercise can be fun? Who knew?


Well, I know this probably isn't news to you, but I don't always find exercise to be fun. Yes, shocking, isn't it? I do it, though, because it makes me feel good, it is good for me, and it makes me look better. So, when Santa brought us a Wii with Wii Fit Plus, I wasn't convinced that I'd love it as much as my friends Generations Gone By and Melissa at 365 Days of Exercise do. I was wrong! I love, love, love the Wii Fit Plus. This "toy" is seriously awesome! Not only are the kids playing it constantly, but adults really, really love it. New Year's Eve found five of us kicking the kids off the Wii and playing Wii Fit Plus games for two and a half hours! We were partial to the bird's eye bull's eye, the obstacle course, the tilty boards, the bubble on the river, and the marching band. Before you know it, you've exercise for 35-45 minutes and had a ball doing it. I've been exploring the yoga and the aerobics sections and am having so much fun.

Think it is just for girls? Not so! As I type this, Superman and Mr. R are jockeying for first place in the Marching Band competition.

Think the kids will turn up their noses at exercise? Think again! First thing in the morning, the kids ask, "May I go play Wii Fit?" Can't you picture me answering: "Um, no, you may not go exercise!" Yeah, right!Oh, and my WiiFit Age? 38 as of today! (Since I'm 46, I'll take anything that thinks I'm 38!)

Thanks a lot, Santa! We love it! Who knew exercise could be this much from for the entire family?

P.S. Adam, you were right...we totally love it.

(Disclaimer: I don't know about other games that the kids might want to play...we only have Wii Fit Plus...I don't play "real" video games, so I can't say if those are better with the Wii.)

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy New Year!!

Melissa Henning said...

I am so glad you got it! I really do love the wii fit. It's so much fun! You (I) spend hours trying to beat my high scores and it's exercise. So much fun :). Do you have a favorite Wii Fit game yet? I like the juggling, the balance city one (forget what it's called--you put the ball in the holes) and the penguin one. I like them all but I am playing w/ the high scores w/ those. I stink at the balance parade! I don't know why, but I just do! lol. Happy New Year! :)

Melissa Henning said...

the obstacle course drives me crazy btw (also another favorite ooh! and the flying one!)...i used to be able to pass it, but I can't get the 2nd 1/2 of the last level now. Drives me crazy!

Beth in NC said...

It sounds like fun. I've never played with one. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

We also have the Resort and it's looking like a winner too. Archery looks like fun, if I can get Hubby and #1 off of it. That's got to build some upper arm strength. And for the naysayers. Since Nov 19, I have lost 6.5 inches in the breast, hips and waist areas, doing Wii fit yoga and step. It does work and you don't even realize you are exercising. Just be careful. The first night we played for three hours bowling. I couldn't get out of bed the next day. LOL

Marcelle said...

I keep looking and Wii fit and wonder if it would be something I would enjoy...I love the gym environment...but who knows for the future...
Keep sharing more.

Sorry have not been visiting....am in hospital and struggling with my eyes so cant read long entries.