Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'll Get There

I know today is the day I'm supposed to post my 4 of 52 for Shoot Me! and I will, but first I just have to say: I'm tired. Seriously. Superman will be the first person to admit that he didn't do a ton of stuff in the managing of our household, but obviously he did enough (especially on weekends) that I could recharge my batteries. With Superman gone, it is falling on me exclusively and by yesterday evening I realized that I was seriously tired. The kids were at youth group and I could do nothing...I couldn't come up with any task (other than folding the laundry from earlier in the day) that I was willing to do. I ended up Skyping with Superman for two hours and it was wonderful, but when we were done, I couldn't rouse myself to do more than play BeJeweled on the computer and then head upstairs for bed.

Oh, I know I'll get there, but for now? I have new-found respect for single moms (and my friend who never stops moving, even when her husband is deployed).

I'm tired.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Praying for you as you "do it all" for this next year.
Hugs,
andrea

Anonymous said...

Could be that you are a little stressed and a little depressed as well. Give yourself a little time. You don't have to do it all you know. Some things can be let go. Will it really matter if you don't do every single job that Superman used to do? Most of them he did because he loves YOU, and he did them for YOU. If YOU let them go, it's not because needed to be done, but because it's your way of loving YOU. Just food for thought.

Tootsie said...

girl...I do know how you feel. It will get easier as you get your groove going. I am in your corner...
I had to make a schedule for myself...three kids and being alone all the time is hard. Prioritize...
do a 10 minute tidy every day...it takes hours off your chore list.
I set the timer for 10-15 minutes...and me and the kids go through the house and tidy up what needs to be done...put things away, and get it done all at one time...easily.
my son hates this...but he needs to help out!!!
re-charge...and I know you will be fine!

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

Hang in there! Sometimes every Mom needs a little down time!

Muthering Heights said...

I say get some rest...you're tackling a lot at the moment!!