Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Go To Recipes from 2009

If you've been reading my blog for any time, you know I've been trying tons of new recipes this past year. Some were fantastic, some were okay, and a few became staples in our menu.

Three recipes, in particular, became go-to recipes for me in 2009.

First, LaFujiMama's One Hour Bread recipe. If you haven't yet tried this bread, you should try it this week. It is consistently fantastic and because it is done so quickly, you can make it at the last second.

Second, Andrea at the Train to Crazy/Hatch shared an amazing pancake recipe and it is so good that it has replaced every other pancake recipe I've tried. (In case you're wondering, I keep powdered buttermilk on hand and I make my own cake flour using corn starch and unbleached all-purpose flour.)

Finally, these Simple Chocolate Drop Cookies are so good and so easy and so different from your typical cookies that whenever I'm wanting something a little different.

So, there you have it...the three recipes that went from "brand new" to "go to" for me in 2009. It is 2010...don't you think you should try them yourself? Honestly, do you think I'd steer you wrong?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for the great recommendations!
Hope you have an awesome 2010!
andrea

More Than Words said...

Hi Erin! Oh..I'll have to check those out!!