Friday, November 20, 2009

Fertilizer Friday - Greenhouse Edition

It is Fertilizer Friday, the time Tootsie asks us to share our gardens, our inside plants, or anything else we're using to beautify our homes as we long for spring.

This week, I'm ready to share images from my greenhouse. I've finally figured out the temperature maintenance and my plants are recovering from the freeze they experienced right before we got the greenhouse finished.

My petunias are blooming.

My geraniums are coming back.

My Gerbera daisies are recovering, but not yet back.


Even Buttercup's tomato plant is trying to give us a tomato.

Things are definitely looking up, but I desperately need Tootsie's help! Tootsie, I can't get a handle on the moisture level in the greenhouse and I'm struggling with powdery mold (the white stuff) and, I presume, other fungus issues. Most days the greenhouse is only getting up to 60F...should I be aiming for higher to dry out the air? Help!

5 comments:

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Welcome to our Friday fun...sorry I'm not any help.

Erin said...

That's okay...we're all in this together, right?

Marcelle said...

Hello there

Poppin in to see how my new friend Erin is doing today...
I don't have green fingers - that's my hubby's department...
Today I've been cleaning out my kitchen, getting rid of the clutter, my life has too much clutter at the moment.

Tootsie said...

I am so excited!!! it looks fantastic! soon you will be teaching me things!

deb said...

I have no experiences with greehouses so not much help here. I researched it tho and found this site:
http://www.catalogs.com/info/building-supplies/controlling-mold-in-greenhouses.html
Hope it helps
*hugs*deb