Thursday, November 19, 2009

30 Day Shred Challenge - Day 4

I can't believe it is already Day 4 of our 30 Day Challenge! Have you been following along? Have you been doing it yourself? Well, after our early start yesterday, we took it easy today and didn't get to the video until late in the morning. Again, my kids have joined me. They've decided to make the 30 day commitment right along with me and I am so excited to have them along for encouragement and accountability.

We all agree that Day 4 marked the first time we really felt a difference after the fact. Our legs don't hurt as much, our muscles don't feel as stiff, and we feel like we really understand the moves. Interestingly, we all have different areas of difficulty. Valiant still struggles to bend his knees and struggles with lunges. Buttercup struggles with the lunges (both kinds). Me? I struggle with push-ups and the arm lifts that accompany the side-lunges. All of us agreed, however, that the video was over faster than we expected. I guess we're getting stronger without even noticing it.

Tomorrow Valiant will be getting some teeth pulled, so he's requested that we again get up early and do the video before the appointment, so that he doesn't miss a day. Despite my lack of enthusiasm for doing any video at 7:15 a.m., I'm darned impressed with is commitment, so we'll be up bright and early tomorrow to get Day 5 under our belts!

LoveAphid has been right along with us...one day at a time. (Seriously, she called while we were doing the video today, so we basically hung up on her and she completely understood!) She's already noticing differences in her abs and her legs.

So, what have you done today to make yourself proud?

(Karen...hey, Kaaarrren...it is awfully quiet...where are you? You committed, my friend, so I'm encouraging you to chime in here!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did much better. Steroid kicked in and I have stopped writing bad things about you randomly around the internet. LOL I did 20 minutes on the treadmill yesterday as well. It felt good to not be hurting finally and to be able to add to the exercises. And to see Peppermint Patty's scores going down (#2's Wii character is Peppermint Patty. LOL)

Tricia said...

I've been in the "following along" category so far, but may be ready to move into the "doing it yourself" category, once I have a question or two answered. You mention a video and said it can be purchased at Target...what is it called? And is it for use with a Wii? Because I don't have a Wii. And is it OK to get a late start and still be considered part of the "Shred Challenge"? (Okay, that was three questions.)