Friday, November 27, 2009

30 Day Shred Challenge - Day 12 (Black Friday Edition)

Did you hit the stores at 4:00 a.m. this morning? If you did, I hope you got what you were after. I have friends who make a day of it and look forward to Black Friday each year. If you're one of those, I hope it was super fun and you always found a parking space near where you wanted to be. As for me, I can't imagine a) getting up early to go shopping and b) fighting those kinds of crowds.

No, I stayed home and took down all the autumn decorations in preparation for putting up the Christmas decorations. Superman put on Christmas music to accompany our breakfast. And, of course, I exercised, first doing my second day of Level 2 for the 30 Day Shred. Today was Day 12. Day 12? Day 12! I can't believe I'm already at Day 12. What a difference 12 days has made. Seriously. I can feel abdominal muscles that I forgot I had. My thighs are stronger and calves are showing definition I haven't seen in more than 20 years. Even better? My stamina is increasing.

You'll never guess what happened today. Seriously. Superman decided to jump into this challenge and did Day 1 of Level 1 today! Valiant did it with him to keep him "man company". Superman's conclusion? This video is deceptive because each of the moves is simple, but the combination works EVERYTHING. It is not "dance-y" and it is not difficult to follow. It is straight forward and in the end, you are tired and have worked everything. Superman, I'm so proud of you!

So, what are you waiting for? (Okay, Tricia, I know what you're waiting for...) Start moving...it is never too late. You've already been following along with me for 12 days.

So, what are you going to do today to make yourself proud?

4 comments:

Jena Webber said...

Oh, I needed to hear this. I think I'm on the 30 day gain! I'm going to read your other posts to see how to do this. Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving, also.

Tricia said...

I tried the Black Friday shopping years ago for the first - and last - time. (Well, I guess you should never say never again, right?) They say it's called Black Friday because it's the day all the retailers make their biggest profit, getting them out of the Red and into the Black. But I'm convinced it's named that for another reason!

Kudos to Superman for jumping into the Challenge! He's definitely got an advantage over the rest of us, though - he's got a real-life cheering section right under the same roof! I can't wait to see tomorrow's post - You ARE going to report to all of us the state of Superman's muscles (i.e., level of agony)- Right?

Anonymous said...

Got in my 20 minutes of Yoga today but didn't like what the Wii guy had to say about the Thanksgiving weight. I am blaming it on the jogging pants I was wearing. LOL That's the bad part of the Wii is you weigh in before every exercise session. We had our Thanksgiving Dinner with our family today so I am not too worried that it is just from a big lunch still in my tummy. But seeing two weeks of work go away in one meal is NOT funny. Seriously NOT funny. Should have done my exercises while the ham was cooking, not digesting. ;)

Unknown said...

I personally like level 2 better than level 1. level 3 ab work is the best! I really love all her ab workouts! Never thought I would see muscles there again! Maybe I never really did in my life. these really get results.

Keep at it my friend! It´s so worth it!

Dani Joy