Saturday, November 28, 2009

30 Day Shred Challenge - Day 13 (Whining Edition)

I really, really, really didn't want to exercise today. Seriously. I spent the first five hours of the day whining to myself about how much I didn't want to exercise today. It was the theme of my conversation to myself as I was cleaning the bathroom, cleaning the kitchen, and even putting up the first of the Christmas decorations. "I'm tired. I'm really tired." "I've been working out every day since October 26...I can take one day off." Then, of course, I'd practice what I'd write on my blog to explain why I didn't do Day 13 of the Challenge. After all, you guys would understand tired, right? You guys would excuse me on the basis of cleaning, right?

The problem? I'd be breaking a commitment I made to myself.

It took me until 3:00 p.m. to convince myself to workout. "20 minutes, that's all," I told myself, "I can do 20 minutes, but I won't do the other 25 minutes that I'm supposed to." So, I psyched myself up and did Day 13.

As you might imagine, I was really proud of myself for doing those 20 minutes. So proud, in fact, that I got my butt downstairs and jumped on the LifeCycle and did my 24 minutes on that, too. Even better, when Superman finally made it downstairs to hit the bike, I moved on to the treadmill and did 24 minutes on the treadmill to keep him company. I didn't run, but I kept moving for 24 minutes and logged more than a mile and a half! Woo Hoo! I did it!

So, now you know what I did to make myself proud today. Not only did I clean and decorate, but I exercised and kept my commitment to myself. That is a good feeling! I hope your day was equally as productive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sunday Edition. Felt pretty much the same way. Three day migraine has me feeling horible. Went to church this morning, but really wanted to just sleep in. Went into town with Hubby to run errands and fell asleep in the car. Took a long nap when we got home. Decided I would just weigh in. YIKES. Thanksgiving food has Wii scale going up again. So I did 10 minutes of Wii aerobics and then 20 minutes of Wii Yoga. Going to see those scales heading south again before Christmas food sends it up again. LOL Funny thing is the hardest part was getting on the Wii. The girls wanted to watch a movie or I would have done more.