Wednesday, August 19, 2009

WIP Wednesday


Superman is doing a fantastic project this week, but I can't show it to you because I don't want to spoil the surprise. In the meantime, I thought I'd show you another Work-In-Progress project that will be finished this week. This one, however, is being led by Buttercup! Yep, you read right, Buttercup is managing this project.

It all started with a hanging bench Superman made for Buttercup last year. It hangs under the deck and that area has become her clubhouse. (She desperately wanted a treehouse, but we only have mature pine trees in our yard...not going to cut it!) Then I saw a post by Tootsie (which I can't find for you) where she converted the underside of a playyard into a little den and wondered why I'd left her clubhouse so, well, not girly. I had this cool fabric (a fabric shower curtain from Target - $4) to make cushion covers for the bench and then I found $5 "oops" paint at Home Depot in a fabulous chocolate chip mint ice cream green color and it is all coming together.
So, that is your peek at Buttercup's clubhouse as it progresses...I'm really liking it. What do you think?

4 comments:

More Than Words said...

Oh, how exciting!!! I can't wait to see it when it's all finished!!

momstheword said...

Oh how fun! I remember Tootsie's post and it was pretty cool. Can't wait to see your project. I love the mint green bench, cool!

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Beautiful fabric! Can't wait to see the finished products!
Love Collette xxx

Melissa Henning said...

how fun! cant wait to see it when it's all done! You guys are so talented :).