Thursday, August 6, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies...


Last night I wanted to try something new for dessert and my foray into the word of Tastespotting led me to these Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies I found at Jenny Mac's Lip Smack. Jennymac is a new find of mine and boy, that girl can cook! She calls these cookies "a marriage made in heaven" and she's right. Superman says the chocolate flavor is rich and Charming liked the sublety of the peanut butter chips. Me? I liked the entire cookie from first bite to last. They were moist, a bit chewy, chocolately, and the peanut butter chips were a nice addition. I also liked that the recipe was simple and used cocoa powder (I love anything that uses only stuff I already have on hand...it makes life so much easier). These cookies were definitely a keeper.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
from JennyMac's Lip Smack

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour (I used 1 cup all-purpose and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour)
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Cocoa Powder)
2 tsps. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
1 cup dark chocolate chips (I used the semi sweet I had on hand) 1 cup lightly salted peanuts (I didn't have these, so they were omitted)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and use a cookie sheet with a silpat liner (I didn't have a Silpat liner or parchment paper and they were just fine).

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and vanilla until well combined.

3. In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients then stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips. Using a medium cookie scoop, drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet. (These didn't spread much, so you can put them relatively close together - I love doing that, it makes me feel efficient.)

4. Bake for 9-11 minutes, should still be soft in center. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. (Oops! Mine just cooled on the cookie sheet, but I only baked them for 9 minutes.)

There you have it...yet another cookie recipe to add to your recipe file. Superman wants me to make another batch for him to take for Friday Delight tomorrow, but I don't think so...I'm on a roll!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

More yummy goodies! Thank you!!

Andrea


PS: Prayer request on arise 2 write

Jenny Saunders said...

Awww, thanks Erin! So glad you liked them. If you make them again with peanuts you will see they give an extra peanutty punch.

I very much appreciate your highlight of me....I hope I continue to wow you in the future!

Clark said...

These are awesome cookies. They are not overly sweet and have a great mix of chocolate and peanut butter.

Anonymous said...

You have so got to stop. Since I don't cook, I just want to keep stopping at the grocery store to get oreos. LOL

Melissa Henning said...

*drool*

More Than Words said...

Okay...THESE I am totally going to make! My favorite combination!!!!!!!!!!!!!