Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Game Night snuck up on me last week.

Seriously, I have no idea what I was doing or how it happened, but I found myself with that "oops, it is 5:30 p.m. on Saturday night and I have no idea what Game Night treat will be" feeling. Fortunately, when I'd made these cookies, I'd wondered about combining the peanut butter chips the recipe called for the with these Simple Chocolate Drop cookies, so that is what I did. I think they definitely turned out better than the original Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip recipe, but you should try it yourself and let me know.

Simple Chocolate Drop Cookies
(with chocolate and peanut butter chips)

1/2 cup butter - softened
1/2 cup brown sugar - packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar

1 tsp vanilla (okay, I never measure, I just pour)

1 egg

1 cup all purpose flour

1/4 cup Special Dark cocoa powder (I used regular Hershey's Cocoa)

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/8 tsp salt

1/2 cup semi-sweet
chocolate chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter chips (I always double or triple this recipe, so I'm guessing on the chip measurements...just a couple of handfuls of each.)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream the butter and sugar together at medium speed until fluffy (roughly two minutes). Add egg and vanilla and stir until just combined.


In separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add to batter mixture and mix gently until just combined. Fold in chocolate and peanut butter chips.

Spoon by rounded tablespoon (I used my Pampered Chef scoop) onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes.

I know it is probably obvious to others, but make little changes (that actually work) to recipes makes me feel so excited. I guess it is just like anything else, the more cooking you do, the more comfortable you feel making modifications on your own.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

O.K. You are the dessert queen! I tried those chocolate chip bar cookies and they were great!

Andrea said...

They sound great! Blessings, andrea

Clark said...

These cookies are awesome. I thought that were great warm and really great the next day.

Clark said...

How did game night sneak up on you?

The adventure of a redneck mommy. said...

they sound so good.. i wish i could keep something like that down.. still on the toast and lemonade diet to control the morning sickness

Tootsie said...

these sound wonderful...and game night sounds fun too!

Unknown said...

Clark, Game Night snuck up on her because her little sister kept her on the phone for hours and hours. She's such a bratt that one! :-)

Erin, I would love to make these... but man it is just too darn hot right now. Dinner has been salads and gazpacho and Chips and Salsa for 3 days now. I just can;t bring myself to turn on the oven.