Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Monday!


I'm not really doing Making Your Home Sing Monday, but I still want you to head over and get inspiration from the bloggers who do have posts participating. I love that Momstheword is reminding us each week to stay focused on the power we have to create loving, warm, and welcoming homes. This week she's tackling the idea that maybe, just maybe, you should actually be home. This idea is dear to my heart, so I'm giving her a two thumbs up on this one. Running around all day might be fun, but it isn't necessarily good for your homelife.

So, why aren't I doing it? Well, I really have a system set up and for me, it is all about maintenance. My posts will fall under these three categories: 1) Already doing everything well and we're having a good week, 2) Falling off the wagon in some areas and trying hard to hold on, or 3) We've lost it and I need to refocus my efforts on keeping things in line. Nothing new here.

The truth is, I love Mondays. Seriously. I think it is the OCD in me, but I love when the house becomes my domain again, when our social life settles down, and routine can be in place. Don't get me wrong, I love the weekends, but I always feel scattered and disconnected during weekends. Weekdays follow a certain routine that works for me and that is just the truth. I've decided it is okay to be a girl who likes routine, who thrives under routine, as long as I don't get rigid. I don't want to be the "we're having meatloaf, so it must be Tuesday" kind of wife and mother, but I do like order and routine.

So, I have no new inspiration for you on MYHSM, but I do urge you to do what works for you, reject what doesn't with no apologies, and read about what others are doing to keep their households running smoothly. After all, we can always learn something new, can't we?

11 comments:

momstheword said...

Oh I sooo know what you mean. I do enjoy getting back to my regular routine, even if it means I have to work harder than I do on the weekends. I love structure and routine too!

At any time I am probably all three things you mentioned, lol!

Thank you for joining up today!

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

I am a bit like you as well I think! I enjoy routine and next week my eldest begins primary school so I am looking forward to getting a new routine up and running.
Collette xxx

Anonymous said...

Back on a routine for us today as well, but I will be running most of the day. I will be home tomorrow, since my new school year routine will find me cleaning house this year on Tuesdays instead of Mondays. I love getting things back on track on Mondays, but we have a different routine this year.

Kathy C. said...

Erin, very good post. I know what you mean about the weekend (which is actually Sun & Mon in my house). I love it when hubby's home and we are doing things off the cuff, etc... but I also crave when things fall into the routine of my "normal/abnormal" days...there is a sort of ease to it. :)
Have a beautiful day!

DarcyLee said...

I like Mondays, too-getting back to the routine and managing my home after the weekend. I especially will enjoy getting back to it this week. Have a great day, Erin!

Andrea said...

Erin,
I wanted to thank you for the prize the other day, but I want you to share it with someone else. In the midst of everything here I am afraid I would not be able to pass it along as I need to. We are in the midst of wedding plans for our daughter who is driving us crazy with the adventure. I hope you understand. I would love to do it after the first of the year if you do something like this again.
BTW: please stop by arise 2 write and pick up an award. I ran out of steam before I got everyone's links posted, but it is yours, too.
Blessings and prayers, andrea

Joyfull said...

I also thrive in my home routine and was very blessed by being reminded of the importance of staying home. Great advice to do what works for you, reject what doesn't and enjoy a peek into the lives of our blogging friends.

Pilar said...

I am a flexible routine type of gal too.
If I don´t have a routine I feel lost and nothing gets accomplish. But if it is a tight one I feel like I can´t breathe if I just want to stop and break that routine.

Well, that post was a MYHSM post to me :)!

Clark said...

I like it when you pick a song to start out the week with! We have to sing something this week.

More Than Words said...

Hi Erin! I love reading what works for other people! I know there are times when I need to kick it up a notch and I need new motivation!

Mamí♥Picture said...

Man! iWish I can have a routine but my house it's a chaos during the summer!
Don't get me wrong, I have OCD so my house it's spotless and well orginized, LOL
it's just that we r having to much FUN and we forget about what day it is! =)
School it's around the corner so our routines are going to fall in place pretty soon!!!
Have a Lovely Day!!!!