Friday, August 7, 2009

Fertilizer Friday!

It is Friday again (!) and even though I'm late posting, I've got posts for Fertilizer Friday ready (Friday Photo Flashback will come next).

Fertilizer Friday is the time Tootsie encourages us to fertilize all our beautiful garden plants and take pictures of them to share with everyone. Zooming in with your camera allows you to find the beauty in even the most challenged garden! Anyway, if you want to see what everyone is coaxing out of their plants this summer, head over to Tootsie's and check out their posts.

As for my garden, I'd be lying if I said we hadn't been struggling this year. Having said that, I've managed to find some beautiful plants to share with you. Finding them for you actually made me feel better about my results, even if I'm cherry-picking the views for you. Things are growing, I do have flowers, and I am learning a lot. So there!

My Gerbera daisy was wintered over from last year and I thought it wasn't going to make it this year. The stems aren't particularly long yet, but at least it is blooming.


The petunias in the "window" are already getting bigger.


The petunias in the front yard look fabulous.


The magic of miracle grow:

Before: (look how tiny the box hedge is)


After: (just look at the box hedge now!)


(Okay, not really...the little box hedge is new and replaced one that died...it really should be the same size as the big one, but now it is a year behind in growth!)

Well, there you have it...this is what I have this week for you! Don't forget to head over to Tootsie's to see what everyone else is pleased to share...

No comments: