Monday, May 11, 2009

Making Your Home Sing Monday...

It is that time again. Momstheword asks us all to weigh in on what we're doing to make our homes sing each week. This is, I think, her effort to get us to be conscious of our lives and the choices we have to determine the quality of our lives and our homes. I think that is a worthwhile goal. We should all be aware of and reminded of the power we wield in our homes. It is something that is easy to forget.


This week, I have to confess, I am doing nothing to make my home sing. Seriously. I have no plan, no great scheme. Oh, we'll do chores and we'll do schoolwork. Superman and I will still try to figure out how to pay all our bills and do all the things we want to at the same time. We'll be discussing the changes we see on the horizon, including the ones that scare us. The kids will still fight (did I just admit that?). Still, this week, I will do nothing to make my home sing. There is no threshold I must cross before I will sing. I am simply choosing to be happy and sharing that happiness with my family and friends. My happiness will not be dependent upon this or that happening. My happiness will not be dependent upon the weather, my children, my husband, or our circumstances each day. My happiness will not be dependent up my interactions with others - positive or negative. My happiness is my choice...and I choose to be happy this week. I hope it will be catching.

So, our house (or at least I) will be singing Don't Worry, Be Happy this week and I will be happy.

Head over to Momstheword's house to see what everyone else is tackling this week. She loves having a house full of friends.

8 comments:

More Than Words said...

Amen!! Love it!!!

momstheword said...

I do love a house full of friends, lol!

Now I have that song stuck in my head, it's a catchy song. You are right though. Our acting happy is our choice and I do think it's contagious!

I certainly know that if I act crabby that will bring everybody down, so it stands to reason that acting happy will bring everybody up!

Thank you for linking up with us today!

Unknown said...

I'm with ya sister! Happiness is a choice. And I have grown tired of being miserable, I can't even stand myself anymore. So I am ignoring the giant itch that is my skin and being happy! Besides It really is much better, I think I'm just being a big baby now.

Erin said...

Moms, I knew you wouldn't mind if the party was at your house. LA, I know EXACTLY what you mean (sniffle, snarf). At a certain point, you get bored with it all!

Joyeful said...

Oh what a great plan!!! I love it! Happiness IS a choice!

momstheword said...

They're still treating her for the MRSA infection in her bloodstream. Once they get rid of that she ought to be able to come home.

I think she's eventually going to be better, so thank you for asking. Unfortunately, noone ever really tells me anything.

Whenever I ask they just keep saying their giving her antibiotics. Noone wants to give you a prognosis or idea or anything. I ask how serious it is and that's all they'll say.

I mean, of course I know it can be serious. But it can also be treated sometimes, so I'm not worried....yet, anyway.

Have no idea how long it'll take though.

Anonymous said...

Me, I was too busy to post. I got the entire house cleaned all in one day! Well, not hubby's office, but the kids cleaned their rooms and bathroom and I did all the downstairs and mopped and washed all the rugs and now I am singing just because for the first time in months I feel caught up again!

Tonight is a band concert and I have a meeting for church. I think I am going to the concert since #2 has a solo, though she said not to come, which in #2 speak is be sure and be there mom!

It feels good to have the house monkey off my back for a few days. LOL

Joyeful said...

In response to your comment: Oh, yes, I've had so many people correct my name FOR me (as if I just forgot how to spell my own name!!) and call me Joey! Isn't it funny how that happens?