I've been really wanting cinnamon swirl bread, so last night I baked some...it is so good and pretty easy to make. The most difficult part is rolling the loaf for the final rise If you haven't already tried this breadmaker recipe, you really need to give it a try. If you've already tried it, you know just how good it is! (What makes it so easy is that you use your breadmaker to make the dough and you just pull it out and shape it at the end...how cool is that?)
Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread
1 large egg, room temperature plus
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup softened butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/3 cup sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 egg white
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Put milk and egg into measuring cup.
- Add enough tepid water to make 1 cup.
- Pour into bread machine pan.
- Add the softened butter, 1/3 cup sugar, salt, bread flour and yeast.
- Set bread machine to dough cycle.
- Add raisins at the beep.
- Remove the dough at the end of the dough cycle.
- Roll dough to 10x12 rectangle.
- Brush egg white on surface of dough.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle over dough; leaving about 1 inch on each edge.
- Roll from short side.
- Pinch where it meets and roll ends under.
- Place in loaf pan.
- Cover with cloth and let rise for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the dough has risen, brush top with egg white and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.