...even as we're doing our best to live a frugal life. Besides needing more exercise, why would I join a gym? Well...
Superman and I joined a gym last night and I am typing this at 5:20 AM (seriously, Dad!) Thursday morning. I'm waiting for Superman so we can go to the gym before he goes to work...and I am cheerful about being awake at this time. Why?
1) Going to the gym with Superman 4-5 days a week is a "good for us" way to spend more time together.
2) Going to the gym with Superman 4-5 days a week is far better for us than going to fast food together and will actually cost less.
3) Getting up to go to the gym before the school day starts will make for a more smooth homeschooling day.
4) Seeing Superman and me pay more than lip service or catch-as-can effort to staying physically fit is good for our children.
5) I need to get out of the house and away from my kids a little more often and for $20 as month, this is a healthy way to accomplish it.
6) I need incentive to get my fanny out of bed earlier each day...knowing that Superman needs accountability to work out, too, just sweetens the pot.
7) I love the gym and I tried the home gym with only limited success for three years. Unlike Melissa at 365 Days of Exercise, my children are older and I can exercise without worrying about childcare.
So, those are the reasons I can think of to tell you at what is now 5:27 AM...we're supposed to leave in 15 minutes and Superman is still sleeping (what a switch!)...now I am going to get the bread maker started. I can already see just how productive getting up earlier is going to help me be. (Remind me of this in November, December, and January when it stays dark until 7:30 AM!)
See you later (and I will...I have more stuff to show you)...