Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday, Tuesday, Touch Your Shoe Day...

You know those days where everything is just humming along? Life is good. You're getting a lot done, your children are getting along, your husband is happily engrossed in his stuff...you know the kind, right?

Sunday was one of those days. We didn't go to the gym at dark o'clock (yeah, me!) and I woke up at the oh-so-late hour of 8:30 a.m. and couldn't decide what to make the family. After much dithering, I decided to seize the day! I got out of bed and headed downstairs and made blueberry muffins (I'll post the recipe this week - they are fabulous) to accompany the eggs and Spam (Superman LOVES Spam) I also made. I got a load of laundry in the washer first thing, too. My energy was infectious and everyone decided to have a terrific day. After breakfast was cleared and the dishes were done, I decided to do a little more baking, so...

I made these chocolate chip banana muffins, a loaf of banana oatmeal bread, and a loaf of white bread. I transferred the laundry from the washer to the dryer, too. Then I headed upstairs to take a shower, get dressed, make our bed, and generally tidy the upstairs.

When Superman and the kids were done washing the car (it is a BIG car!), I called them in for a late lunch of grilled-cheese sandwiches on fresh white bread, which used up the white bread, so I made a second loaf of white bread.

Then the neighbors, the same ones who kindly hosted Game Night Saturday night, wanted to know "what we're doing for dinner?". Well, a quick survey concluded that the Nagle5 weren't hungry for dinner...the lunch had been late and filling. Still, the neighbors wanted to have an impromptu card game "after dinner", so we agreedthey'd head on over after they ate dinner and I made this cinnamon roll cake for dessert. (See what I mean? I was on a roll...baking, baking, baking!)

Before I headed up to bed, I pulled out the laundry I'd started in the morning and folded it and discovered...

...that Superman had left a pen in his pocket. The day, however, was wonderful enough that I shrugged and said, "At least it was one of the napkins I don't like and Buttercup's pajama pants can become capri-length pajama pants." No big deal.

All in all, a good day. Don't you just love days like that?

16 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Does sound like a great day! And all of the baking sounds yummy!

Melissa Henning said...

holy smackoli I forgot about your breads. They aren't sweet to the point that I would "relapse" so I think I am going to make these (Jason would say that I am making excuses to eat sugar lololol). banana oatmeal sounds awesome! (too bad Jason wont be able to have any). The chocolate chip banana muffins seem really good too. Too bad they dont make sugar free chocolate chips. Seems like it defeats the purpose though lol. Sounds like you got a lot done in one day! You're my idol... :)

Melissa Henning said...

dude. I just read the recipes (again). only 2T of sugar in the banana oatmeal bread??? I'm SOOOOOOOOO making this. right now. How can I forget about this stuff??? sheesh.

More Than Words said...

Yes....love days like that when they just flow!!!

LOL..my kids love spam too! With rice, scrambled eggs, & ketchup!!

Erin said...

LOL! Melissa, not EVERYTHING I make is bad for you! You could try substituting honey or brown sugar in the bread recipe. As for the chocolate chip banana muffins, I made them 1/2 and 1/2 with whole wheat and cut the sugar to 1/3 cup and I prefer them this way.

Alicia, oh, yes, we must have ketchup with everything! (A man we know refers to it as American salsa!)

Beth in NC said...

I wash my husband's pens MORE TIMES THAN NOT and for some reason they don't leak. I have been really blessed.

Your food sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

I know this is terrible but when it comes to PJ's I'd just wear them with the stain. Sometimes I like wearing old beat up stained clothes to bum around in there is a comfort to lived in clothing. It adds to the hominess of the PJ's.

As for the baked goods. Well mmmm mmmm good. I have 2 bananas that need to be used. I'm thinking bread this time.

momstheword said...

oh wow! You are on a roll, or a loaf of bread, or muffins!!!! You go girl!!!!!

You inspire me. I think I'll go clean something!

Five Moms & A Blog said...

oh yes, totally. Teach texting lingo instead. They will probably enjoy it more, lol!

~ Nan

Unknown said...

Wow! that´s a lot of baking! So glad you had a great day. Those are the days that just make you sigh when you lay in bed and think over all the things you have accomplished! ;)

Rest in Him,
Dani Joy

loreejo said...

Hi Erin, I looked you up from Melissa's blog. Only have time to read this one posting because I shouldd have hit the sack a half hour ago, but I DO love these sorts of days where nothing can go wrong; and even when something goes wrong, it just feels like an opportunity to...well...make lemonade! (or capri jammie pants, whichever the case may be) Take Care!

Clark said...

Okay, I am glad to see that I didn't get beat up too bad over the pen. Sometimes you just forget after working outside ALL day. I was really sad about Buttercups pj's though. It was a great day with freshly bake goodies all day.

Andrea said...

Sounds like your energy was definately contagious...Glad you had a great day and the muffins looked yummy.
Blessings and prayers, andrea

Erin said...

Thanks! It was a fun day and I wish I could bottle whatever I felt that day...it just doesn't happen that often.

Valiant said...

You made a ton of stuff, it was amazing how much you made.

The Queen Mommy said...

You've showcased the kinds of recipes that are RIGHT up my alley. I am making the banana oatmeal bread today - and may have to try the cinnamon roll cake, too. LOVE that kind of stuff - especially for the weekend.


Debbie
http://familyfoodies.com