Still, the kids and I were having fun coming up with "reasons" people might say they shouldn't do CrossFit, so we decided to share them with you.
You know David Letterman's Top Ten Lists? I thought it would be fun to use the same idea to tell you why you shouldn't do Crossfit. (Not that I believe any of them, but they all sound good, right?)
Top Ten Reasons NOT To Do CrossFit
10. Like me, you're old enough to be pre-Title IX*. You didn't do sports in school. CrossFit looks like something "boys" do.
|Ramp up? I was struggling with this our second week at CrossFit!|
8. You don't want sore muscles, callouses, or the occasional bruise. Why work that hard?
|Man-makers are fun, right, Charming?|
6. You are afraid of heights…rope climbs? Too high!
|She's how high off the ground?|
|Stepping out of your comfort zone isn't always easy!|
3. You don't want to get dirty. Pushing a tire around will make your hands all dirty.
|Oh, yeah, tires are dirty!|
…and the Number 1 reason NOT to join a Crossfit gym?
- You don't want to look better naked. That is what clothes are for, right?
*Pre-Title IX means before there was mandated funding for Girls' sports in schools. You can read all about it here.