Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You know it's happened to you...

A stain. On an article of clothing that has barely been worn. You try and you try and you can't get the stain out. Four years ago, I would have said, "donate it or toss it". After two years of blog reading, however, I put this little tank top aside and started figuring out what I might do to salvage it.

Before:


These are two of the most obvious, but they were sort of like a splatter pattern...don't know what was splattered, though. (I know the stains didn't show well in the photo, but they are quite obvious in real life and, even worse, they are right in the center of the shirt so they are pretty obvious.)

What to do, what to do?
Embroidery over the stained area? Maybe, but I wasn't inspired to do it. Freezer paper stencil? Not sure I'm ready for that, but it got me thinking.

After:


What do you think? I love the way it turned out. A clipart of a flower silhouette and and iron-on transfer paper and I gave the shirt a new life. What do you think? I love it and, importantly, Buttercup thinks it is cool.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW...I am totally impressed. It looks better now than it did with nothing on it. Aren't you glad you had a splatter on it?
Blessings, andrea

Joy Taylor said...

Very creative

loveaphid said...

Bravo!!!!! The crowd goes wild woooooo hoooooo!

Super cute. I heart it.

More Than Words said...

It looks great, Erin!! It's like a whole new shirt!

Claudia Protti said...

What a great idea! I also do the same with the t-shirt of my child. But my drawings are not as beautiful as your. Sorry for my English, I'm Italian. Claudia