Friday, April 16, 2010

My brain is like a Pachinko machine...

I was having a conversation with Superman the other day about the fact that I don't think I'm a naturally OCD person. Honestly, I don't. I think I am actually an ADD type person who has developed OCD tendencies that help me to be productive day in and day out. When I was trying to explain to Superman how my thoughts are, I came up with a Pachinko machine. My children didn't have any idea what a Pachinko machine was, so I found this video for them. I have concluded that my brain is like a Pachinko machine with lots of balls in play at any given time.


Now you know my deep dark secret: a pachinko machine is simply my brain in gaming form.

After this conversation, I read that Lollychops brain is teal and filled with felt peanuts. Who knew? I guess I'm not the only one with an odd brain. What about you? How would you describe your brain?

4 comments:

Darla said...

SAME HERE! I am ADD but I have OCD tendencies so I can keep things running on autopilot. As I get older (less energy) it's harder to compensate for new things that do not have their OCD autopilot already set to them (if that makes sense).

Anonymous said...

I describe my brain as Wonderland. Sometimes you can go This Way, some times you can go That Way, but really it doesn't really matter since you wind up being followed by the Cheshire Cat anyway.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the definition of a mother with teenagers. LOL I definitely think that describes me. My OCD tendencies (and the need for organization) come from my need to cope from day to day and survive with three very busy children. I have learned what works and what doesn't and my brain has evolved into a brain that can multitask at all times. In fact it gets depressed when not allowed to do so.

Clark said...

But the cool thing is how many of those balls you keep up in the air at one time!