Saturday, September 19, 2009

It's Pizza Time Again...


With Fall in the air, I don't mind turning the oven on in the late afternoon. That means it is pizza time again. We were so impressed with the dough I found for the calzones, that we decided to make pizzas using the same dough a few days later. Again, it turned out really well. Well enough that I thought I'd share it with you all.

Pizza Dough (Bread Machine)
Adapted from cdkitchen

Ingredients:
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I added this - the original recipe doesn't call for it)
3 cups bread flour
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Directions:

Place ingredients in bread machine pan in order listed (or as directed per machine instructions). Select dough cycle. Makes two 12" regular crusts or one 16" deep dish crust. Top with desired toppings and bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until crust is light brown. (One of the comments on this recipe advised cooking the crust at 500 degrees for 5-6 minutes and then adding the toppings and baking again for a crisp crust pizza...we might try that next time.)

If you haven't tried to make your own pizza dough, I really urge you to try it. It really is so easy.

5 comments:

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh, Erin! That looks sooooo good!

Tootsie said...

I knew coming here would make me hungry!!!

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

That looks yummy! I have tried my own pizza dough in my bread machine but it didn't look as good as yours!
Love Collette xxxx

Tootsie said...

when are we starting make it yourself Monday? I am WAY ahead of this game this week?????!!!!!

Melissa Henning said...

have I told you lately that I love you? ;)