Monday, February 2, 2009

Wow...I did it!


I managed to get 14 Valentine's Cards made and mailed for the Valentine's card swap organized by Little Birdie Secrets. I finished them all this afternoon and got them off in a Priority Mail envelope so they'll make the deadline!

I had never done anything like this before. I was excited to try it and I must say, I was pleased with how well they turned out. I started with little purple heart doilies that I picked up on clearance last year. The doilies dictated the color scheme, so I didn't go with the typical red/pink/white Valentine's theme. I found some scrapbooking paper in my stash that had the purple. Since they also had spring green those were my two colors. After I added ribbons and utilized my sewing machine to attach the ribbon to the cards and the card fronts to the card stock. I printed some graphic versions of "love" on the back and added an embossed embellishment on the front and, viola, a Valentine's card!

4 comments:

50s Housewife said...

Very pretty! You did a great job!

Darla said...

Those are adorable. I love dark purple.

chermonblie said...

Your adorable cards turned up in my mailbox today! Thanks!! I love that you stitched them!! What a great idea.

Unknown said...

I received my today. Thank you so much I love purple. It made the day brighter.

Shean