Thursday, February 12, 2009

Believe it or not, I'm not really into...

"Hallmark" holidays, like Valentine's Day. Whether or not someone brings me flowers and candy or doesn't, is really irrelevant. Superman shows me loves me all year long and I would never be foolish enough to put too much stock into one manufactured day. Having said that, I have a ball creating things and all these "important" holidays are a terrific excuse to stretch my comfort zone and try new things. With that in mind, I fell in love with these Pottery Barn knock-offs that No Fuss Fabulous created. Click over to see their version. Aren't they terrific?

Of course, I had to try my hand a making some of my own. Since NFF had a tutorial, it was that much easier to convince myself I could do it. This is how far I've gotten so far. They aren't quite done: they still need the names attached and I need to actually make one for Charming, as he will be here Saturday morning, so I want him to have one, too. I also need to add velcro to the closure to hold them closed (the binder clips are helping the crease set until I have the velcro attached).


These will be on the back of their chairs at breakfast Valentine's Day. I'm having the kids make Valentine's for each other and will put them in these little envelopes and Superman and I have little trinkets to put in them, as well. I think they are just so fun. What do you think?

4 comments:

Melissa Henning said...

really cute! you're so talented :)

Erin said...

Thanks! I'm just a decent copycat, though!

Unknown said...

Hey I'm not into Hallmark anything these days.

Erin said...

Gee...I wonder why that is?