Friday, February 27, 2009

Not quite how I imagined it...

Since Charming worked two jobs and had a night class last night, we celebrated his birthday today. Included in this celebration is always the homemade cake as requested. Charming and Valiant are just about complete opposites and birthday cakes were no different. Both like yellow cakes, but Valiant likes chocolate frosting and Charming likes white frosting. Where Valiant likes just "a little bit of frosting, Mom", Charming says, "I want a LOT of frosting, Mom." So, I tried, I really, really tried...and, well, it didn't go so well. The top of the cake kept sliding off the bottom...I even put uncooked spaghetti noodles in to add stability, to no avail. So, while the cake tasted good and, from one angle, looked okay...
















...this is what it really looked like!















How sad is that?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww. Poor Cake, I'll bet it was wonderful none the less.

Melissa Henning said...

lol that's pretty funny. You should have just given him a few scoops of frosting, as if it were ice cream :)

Erin said...

Melissa, I thought of that after the cake started sliding all around, trust me!

momstheword said...

Hey, all that really matters is how it tastes, right! My boys don't like cake....isn't that funny!

Clark said...

The cake was awesome tasting! You did a fabulous job on it. Next time you should grab one of my trowels if you are going to try and lay it on so thick.

Anonymous said...

Since I can't wish Charming Happy Birthday directly right now, I'll borrow your blog for the occasion...Happy Birthday Charming!! You've sure come a long way! And 6'5"?! You're what we call here in the South "a tall drink of water"!