Thursday, February 19, 2009

Loved the way this turned out...


As promised, here is a picture of Valiant's birthday cake. I wanted festive without frosting overload (he's not a big frosting man), happy without juvenile or girly (13-year old boys and frosting roses don't mix), and I think I achieved it with this cake. He "ordered" yellow cake with chocolate frosting, so I had no leeway there. The dots, however, were a surprise, so I had free reign. I made a batch of Royal Icing, made it up in different colors, and squeezed it out onto wax paper in circles of varying size, then I let the icing get hard in the refrigerator and used a spatula to pull them off the wax paper and stuck them in the frosting. Easy peasy and not a frosting flower in sight! What do you think?

3 comments:

Melissa Henning said...

love it! great job :)

Charming said...

Do something creative like that with mine too please!!!

Darla said...

I LOVE this!