Thursday, September 29, 2011

Remember This? (A summer project!)

Just a few months ago, we were dealing with a flooded basement...9 feet in to be exact.  You can read about it here.


...that brought in mud...

...and ruined carpet.




Now look at it:

Superman was tickled to come home on leave last month and discover that we'd tricked him and the room was done!


Doesn't it look comfortable?   We still can use the treadmill, too.   A far cry from last spring, that's for sure.


The door was the start of it all.  I was just sure that adding a door with a window for some natural light would make this basement room perfect.  I think I was right!  Even better?  With a tile floor, I don't have to worry so much about flooding destroying the room (it is a basement, after all!). 

2 comments:

Clark said...

Love this room! You guys did a fabulous job on getting this done before I got home. It is definitely one of the nicest rooms in the house!

Anonymous said...

It's all so beautiful. I have missed reading your posts. Life has gotten crazy busy around here and I haven't had time to check in. I did today and see you have been crazy busy too. It all looks so beautiful! I love the new tile flooring. So much easier to keep clean.