Friday, September 30, 2011

Primal Bruschetta

My family loves bruschetta.  No, really, they love it.  This is the recipe I've used for years.  Unfortunately, putting it over pasta is no longer an option for a grain-free family.  That didn't stop us, however.  Bruschetta is already primal!  As long as you're sourcing good vegetables, you are good to go.

I just used bigger chunks of zucchini and bigger pieces of meat thank I used for my Capellini Pomodoro and our Bruschetta became a meal!  I didn't change my basic recipe...I even had tomatoes and zucchini from our own garden to make it that much better--I don't think you can get any more local than that...SRSLY.

As you can see, it became more of a stew than anything else.  It was amazing.


I even went hog-wild and topped mine with parmesan cheese. 


Erin's Bruschetta
Inspired by the Capellini Pomodoro @ Hotel Figueroa

Directions:
8 tomatoes - chopped
2 small zucchinin -chopped
1 small onion - diced
2 tsp. ground basil
1 clove of garlic - minced
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
I won't lie to you.  Going primal has taken some adjusting.  Pasta-based meals were a mainstay in our family.  We are constantly redefining meals...tweaking here and there.  Still, the pay-off has been well-worth the hassle.

1 comment:

More Than Words said...

Oh yum!!!!! Now you are speaking my language!!