Thursday, October 28, 2010

Remember these?

I made these tiles a few weeks ago, remember?  They were quick, easy, and gratifying because they turned out well.




I was talking with Gail at My Repurposed Life as I was thinking about how to frame some of them.  (If you don't know her, you should get to know her, she is super handy, super creative, and super resourceful.)  She was worried that I'd do something that my be ill-advised.  (I wouldn't have, but she doesn't know me IRL, so she couldn't have known that.)  I decided making a frame was going to be more work than I wanted to do, so I ended up cutting pieces of wood to size and gluing my tiles on them.   Plus, I had a deadline, since I wanted a bunch of them to be gifts.  This is what I ended up with:


Then I added hangers to the back and put them on the walls. 


I think they turned out pretty cute, don't you?  (Sorry for the crummy photos...I just snapped them in a hurry.  They're hanging up in my home.)

Gail, thanks again for taking the time to answer me.  Don't worry...I'll be back with more questions, but not on this project! 

5 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Erin! great job! That plan worked out perfectly. You're right, I don't know you irl, but I'm glad you don't take chances with power tools!
gail

Erin said...

Thanks, Gail. It was a fun project to do. (And I'm not a fan of pain, so I leave the stitches to my husband and children!)

Anonymous said...

Super super cute - I love the three cats on the wall. It's looks fantastic!

loveaphid said...

I LOVE MINE!!!!! IT IS THE BEST EVER HALLOWEEN DECORATION!!!! Random Kitty Halloween Decorations!! Hooray

Thank you lots and lots.

Anonymous said...

What did you seal them with. We are thinking of doing something similar at Preschool for Thanksgiving, but it needs to be heat resistant, since some moms may use them as pot holders. Not thinking Modge Podge will work.