Friday, August 6, 2010

Fertilizer Friday - Evening Edition!


Phew!  Fertilizer Friday already - where does the time go? What a busy day...I Skyped with Superman this morning, the last of our kittens has now been fixed, my back was adjusted by my amazing chiropractor, and I even managed to go to lunch with a bunch of the ladies in my neighborhood.  Still, it wasn't dark when I got back from picking up the kitten from the vet, so I headed outside with my camera to show you some of our mid-summer garden progress.

Look at this lily.  I got these bulbs on clearance from Home Depot last year and really had no idea what would come up.  This bloom is already four days old and it has been HOT here...still, it is gorgeous, isn't it?


My neighbor gave me this plant.  I can't remember what it is called, but I keep moving the pot around to see where it will shine in my garden.  The reddish leaves make it stand-out amongst the rest of the greenery.


The zucchini and pumpkin plants are doing well, too.  They're actually loving the heat...we just harvested 3 zucchini last week.



The koi love it when I add water to the pond...too bad they won't pose for pictures!


The apple tree is bearing so much fruit, now I have to figure out how to save it from the birds!



Even the tomatoes are getting into the act.

Finally, these orange day lilies have been blooming beautifully...see?


There you have it...the Nagle5 garden Mid-summer 2010.  What is going on in your world these days?

4 comments:

agreenearth said...

Enjoyed seeing your garden, pleased you are getting lots of food.

Alison said...

That is a beautiful lily! I need to plant some this fall in my garden, I'll have to see what they have at Home Depot, lilies smell so wonderful! I have daylilies, but I really ned some true lilies.

Tootsie said...

I think your plant you can't remember is called Sedum...I just got one this year and I think I like it!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Erin,
Things sure are looking great in your garden. I think Tootsie is right about your mystery plant. It also reminds me of a mother of thousands, but the blooms don't look the same.

Thanks for visiting my Friday post.

I read most of your most recent post. It wasn't very nice of that person to criticize your parenting to your husband. Asking others their opinions or observations is something I would do. I hope you've been able to shake it off.