I got two Valentine's Day items finished yesterday, so I'm ahead of my self-imposed February 1 deadline.
Buttercup's pajama pants came out super cute, especially with the little tiny bow I added to encourage her to wear them frontwards! (Now, let's just hope I put the bow on the FRONT...I just saw her wearing them and I am beginning to wonder...hmmmm.) Notice that I almost ran out of the thread I was using. I finished in the nick of time. (I keep offering Valiant and Superman some heart pajamas, but so far, they're holding firm in the conviction that they just don't need them!)
Pajama pants are so easy to sew, I encourage anyone who's wanting to start sewing to start with them. They are very forgiving, as you really don't have fit issues and they are instantly gratifying...people are wearing things you made! They've been a terrific way to get better at sewing.
The other thing I finished was the "easy Valentine's wreath" from Little Birdie Secrets. They have a little tutorial if you click on the link, but it was basically like making those tissue paper flowers we used to make in elementary school, except you use fabric and a styrofoam wreath form. It was super easy and it turned out really well. Superman was pleasantly surprised, I think, but I'll let you judge for yourself.
I think it looks really festive on our front door and it was exactly the kind of thing I was looking for, so I'm really pleased.
Now I'm ready to start embellishing some towels and making a ton of Valentine's Cards...and getting much closer to that February 1 deadline...