Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shoot Me: 10 of 52 - Working the the Greenhouse

Ack! I can't believe it is time to put myself in front of the camera again already. With everyone busily humming along, we haven't seemed to have an opportunity to take any group pictures, so we're stuck (again!) with me holding the camera at arms length and snapping a shot. I keep telling myself this a good way to get used to having my picture taken...sigh...I'm getting better, but still not there yet!


I've been working in my greenhouse. (Do you remember that Superman built this for me for about $150 including the two milk house heaters?) I thought you'd like to see that my purple petunias made it through the winter! (Woo Hoo!) They're hanging up in the greenhouse and waiting anxiously for the nights to warm up so they can be placed outside. (Ignore the dirty hair - I did shower, I promise. Also, ignore the door to my garage in the background...I need to put a spring on my greenhouse door so it will close behind me.)

My seedlings are popping up and I'm getting more ambitious and have decided it is not too late to plant a few more.

Head on over to Carin's place (Forever In BlueJeans) to join the Shoot Me party. Jen at Our Daily Big Top has reached 52 of 52! An entire year...kudos to her!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may need one of these soon for my pig pigs if they keep growing. They eat more veggies than the rest of us do. LOL It must be fun to play in the dirt and watch things grow when it snowing outside.

Marice said...

glad to hear about your petunias :) those are great shots! don't worry i do that too most of times :) thanks for the warm visit!

jen@odbt said...

You're so cute. Have you thought of using the self timer on the camera? It's another option and one I used for a bunch of my pics (thanks for the shout out). Your seedlings look like they're ready to go. I can't wait to get out in the yard although I don't have much of a green thumb.

Kat said...

Great shot! I love your greenhouse, too. This is one I've been trying to talk my sweetie into for years... maybe another year!

Happy Thursday,

Kat

More Than Words said...

How nice to have your own greenhouse!! And for $150..awesome!!

You look great as always..even with dirty hair! :)

Bonnie said...

Wow - your own greenhouse! After the seedlings are ready to be planted, what do you do with the greenhouse at that point? During the spring/summer months?

alexandra s.m. said...

great shots! wow!! You have a green house! That's is so awesome and yippie for the Petunias!

Leah said...

A greenhouse sounds warm and bright -- we could use some sunshine here... You are getting good at those self portraits - I need to work on mine!

Anonymous said...

Reading that post just sent my spring fever into overdrive!!!!

Clark said...

Great picture! You look so happy in your element. Thank you for walking me out there the other day to see the flowers. It was a mild winter, but I am sure that the greenhouse would have been just fine with a lot of snow.

Carin said...

Oh wow! Your own greenhouse, that is so great! I bet it feels so good to be in there working when it's so cold outside. Great pictures of you, you are very good at the self portrait! Great job on the plants too, I'm seriously impressed!

loveaphid said...

I have serious greenhouse envy! You look beautiful as always, sistah! I'm tarting to get a few sprouts in my little boxes. And no it is definitely not too late to start some more veggies. Go crazy.

Clair said...

Thanks for the lovely comment. I don't think you need to worry about being in front of the camera, you look just great. Plus, you are obv a waaaaay better gardener than me... I mean well but mostly I just grow things that like neglect. You go girl!!