Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Finally, Work-in-Progress Wednesday...
Well, I've finally started work on the cushion covers for the cushions that sit on my dining room chairs. In addition to going with a wild-for-me fabric, I've also decided to make slipcovers rather than just covering the cushions. I really want to be able to wash the covers instead of washing the entire cushion (which didn't work very well...my cushions are really badly stained). I decided to be brave and go with zippers rather than velcro for the openings, so by the time I'm done will all eight cushions, I'll have put in 12 zippers. I wonder if I'll consider myself competent at zipper installation by that point, because I sure stink at it now.
Also, I do have to wonder how long it is going to take me, given the kinds of help I am getting.