Friday, July 6, 2012

118 Days of Productivity

As I mentioned at the end of this post, my husband Superman will finally be home for good in 118 days.  After almost three years of contracting overseas, I can't overstate how excited we all our that this part of our family's journey is concluding.  Still, we have "short-timers" in a big way.  You know about short-timers, right?  Short timers is that feeling you have after you've given your notice at a job and you're just waiting for the two weeks to be over so you can move on.  It doesn't mean you hated your old circumstances, it just means you're beyond eager to take that next step.  It is an exhilirating time.  Still, we have 118 days to get through.  Superman is tackling the challenge of short-timers by blogging each and every day of the end of his journey here.

When I posted the time on my FB, my friend Melissa (she wrote this awesome blog a few years ago and is a great one for meeting goals) said she was going to use that block of time to create a deadline for her own challenge.  I loved that idea.  So, I presented to the kids and to Superman that I was going to be productive every single day until he got home.  I don't just want to "wait" for him to come home.  I want to make the time fly.  I don't just want to kill time.  I still want this time to count.  I want each day to be productive.

productive

Definition

pro·duc·tive
ADJECTIVE

1.  producing much: producing something abundantly and efficiently
2.  worthwhile: producing satisfactory or useful results
3.  producing something: producing or able to produce something

Thus, I've challenged myself to be productive every single day for the next 118 days.  I especially like the second and third definitions of the word.  (I am not really worried about producing abundantly, but efficiently will definitely work for me!)  I want to cross things off lists, I want to meet my goals, I want no day to conclude with the thought "what did I do today?".

I'll be back later with a little bit of productivity for today.  In the meantime, I've got stuff to do!

Have a great day!


3 comments:

Alison said...

Good for you, Erin! I hope the time flies!

Erin said...

Thanks, Alison...we've got a lot going on, so I'm hoping it will.

Clark said...

I try to be productive every day. I have found that if I have a lot on my plate and that plate is stacked up for days, I become more focused on how little time I have to get everything done. It then becomes a mental challenge for me to see if I can actually get it done in time.