Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My life is nothing if not exciting...

I was minding my own business, getting ready for the gym, when Buttercup fell backwards, broke her fall with her wrists, and promptly broke her left wrist.  Didn't get my workout, but I did get my heart pumping.


For whatever reason, Buttercup's blood pressure dropped quite low in the ten minutes it took to get to the ER (68/30) and she was whisked into a room lickety split and placed on a bed which was tilted way back to put her head below her heart.  The blood pressure situation resolved itself and Valiant was bored.

Four hours laters, the break was set, the splint was on, the sling was in place, and the pain pills had kicked in.  Even better?  She was still rocking her Vibram Five Fingers...those shoes made her the star of the ER.


This afternoon, we head to the orthopaedist for the permanent cast.   Any guesses on the color she'll choose? 

No comments: