Monday, January 2, 2012

Life At Home - The Argh! Edition

Last month, as I was folding laundry in front of my dryer, water started dripping down on my hand from the ceiling!  There is an exhaust fan above the dryer and above that is my bedroom.  No water!


After I freaked out in my mind a little, I stopped to listen and realized that Valiant was in the shower.  I ran upstairs and made him turn off the water.  The drip stopped.  That was really good.  However, I had no clue what to do about it. 


 I confess I called Superman and woke him up in the middle of the night with this cheerful news.  Honestly, I didn't know what to do...water dripping down from the ceiling onto my dryer is not covered in my Wonder Woman handbook!  We decided to just leave the shower alone until Superman was home on leave and could have a look it at.  I thought that was fine because we're fortunate enough to have three full baths.   A little shuffling and we'd be fine.


A few weeks later, Mr. R., came home on leave from his job in North Dakota and we got to talking about my leak.  He insisted on taking a look so that Superman wouldn't have to worry.


After seeing how bad it was, I'm pretty sure he regretted that decision.  Apparently, the problem had been ongoing for quite some time...I had no idea.  Still, he had some free time, so I was able to hire him to fix it, so Superman wouldn't have to do it now. New subfloor, repaired wall, new toilet and new flooring, he even added tile around the edge to help prevent the problem from returning...it was a big job and I feel so lucky to know someone I trust to do it well.


He did a fabulous job, didn't he?  Now all I have to do is get Superman to help me pick a new paint color for the bathroom...I don't like the yellow with the new floor.  Do you?

1 comment:

loveaphid said...

OK first... ICK! and EEEW! Second.... oh poop for you. This totally stinks but at least Mr. R was there. Third... love the new shower curtain and finally, Fourth... Sam must have been psyched about this one! Oh and he looks like Baba in this picture.