Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Drawstring Backpack

I did a little bit of sewing last week and I must confess to being tickled with how it all turned out.

I used KwikSew Pattern 2379 to make the bag.  Buttercup is a crazy-cat-lady and picked out this adorable cat fabric, plus I had some red vinyl at home.


It was a pretty easy pattern to follow and all the sewing was straight lines.  Honestly, the most difficult part was figuring out how to make holes for the grommets. 


Buttercup really likes it and is wearing it everywhere.  The bag is fully lined (in bright green) and has an outer pocket with a zipper.  The best part is that when you're wearing it, the top is closed and can't be opened without you know it.


"Bun - James Bun"
While Buttercup wanted it in lieu of a purse , it is also a great bag for bringing along your stuff animal du jour.

"Honey the Hamster"
While I still plan to make the bigger backpack included in this pattern, I am so glad I made this one first.  She's getting a lot of use out of it and it was a terrific one to start with. 

No comments: