Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Bologna has a first name...

My Bologna has a first name, it's O S C A R!
My Bologna has a second name, it's M A Y E R!
Oh, I love to eat it everyday and if you ask me why I'll say...
'cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B O L O G N A!!!!




Can you believe it?  Despite the record-breaking snow we've had in the past week (more snow than we've had here in more than 100 years!), the Oscar Mayer Weiner-Mobile showed up in our town.


I knew the kids would be so excited to see it, so I asked my neighbor to give us a ride to the grocery store where I'd noticed the iconic vehicle in the parking lot.  (The roads were terrible and I've been doing so much driving and felt myself crossing the line to too tired...I wasn't safe to do it...his big truck did just fine and I think he now knows we're insane...hearing us singing the bologna song had to convince him.)


I know he thought we were nuts, right up until he saw cars rolling up to do exactly what we were doing...snapping photos with the giant hot dog!

Did you know that the dash was made up of hot dogs in buns?  I didn't.


No one was in the Weiner-Mobile, so we didn't get any weinie whistles (darn it!), but it was still so cool to see the remnant from my childhood!

3 comments:

Alison said...

My husband would be so jealous! LOL

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

I'm going to have that song in my head all day now.

deb said...

So cool! Glad to know it's still traveling around!
*hugs*deb